Reading must be there in proper and good lighting, the best book lights must be there for the vision, and it causes less stress on our eyes due to which we don’t get tired faster as compared to a poor lighting condition. There is no particular color of light necessary, but I prefer white light or slight yellow light.
This was for the eye, and now for concentration, it is always far better to read in a study or night lamp with a red light as compared to a tube light as the tube light spreads light over a large area, and due to that we get distracted to other things. Still, in the study lamp, the sun is focused on particular are which prevents distraction.
Natural lighting is always better as it saves a lot of power.
At Which Position Should You Keep The Best Book Lights?
For reading purposes, we would recommend a table lamp, also called a desk lamp or reading lamp. Keep the
1. Keep the light on the table near your reading position in such a way that the intensity should be comfortable, not too bright or dull, to avoid straining your eyes.
2. The shade of the table lamp should be such that the light direction should be downwards. This will assist in focusing the light in only a single way
3. The top of the light should be flexible. You can adjust the fire as per your requirement
4. The material of shade should be preferably of wood, ceramic, acrylic, or any other fabric, to avoid overheating. For table lamps with metal shades, restrict the usage continuously.
5. If you wish to read sitting on a couch or far from the fire, choose a table lamp that has ambient light direction for even lighting or adjustable light direction. This will ensure the room is well in lit used for reading.
Best Desk Lights
In reality, there is no such thing as the best desk lamp because everyone’s needs and work habits are different.
A brief example of this would be let’s say that you are a repairman, and most of the time, you are staring at small details. In this situation, you need to buy a magnifying desk lamp that has a magnification lens on it. Purchasing any other lamp wouldn’t be advisable. Not only would you spend money foolishly, but your eyes will suffer too.
There are many factors to choose from:
· the size of the lamp (mostly depends on your desk size but not necessary)
· the type of the fire (it includes adjustable arms, gooseneck type, clip-on, magnifying types, and others)
· the kind of light (LEDs, halogen bulbs, fluorescent bulbs.)
· the light power (they are to measure in foot candles or lumen’s, more light energy means better illumination)
· the color temperature of the light (warm to cool fire; this affects the mood of the working environment, and it gives the proper lighting for your task, also helps your from eye strains too.)
But, If you are an artist that needs to work on paper, then you should go for a medium to large adjustable type LED lamp that has a fresh, bright temperature with as much lumen power as you need.